We LOVE our Mystery Readers that come into our classroom to read to us on Fridays. On Friday mornings, I give the kids clues about who the Mystery Reader will be that day. They have to use their reasoning skills to decipher who they think it will be. When the special guest walks in the door, I LOVE seeing the kids' faces...especially the face of the first grader who is the child/grandchild of the reader. They EAT THIS UP!! Mystery Readers bring a couple of books to share with the kids, right before we go to lunch...favorites of their child, favorites of the reader, seasonal books, etc. Tate's mom even brought some books that he is working on creating at home right now...how special! If you are interested in signing-up to be a Mystery Reader, let me know! I'll sneak you home a copy of the clues to fill-out. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment