Warning: The teacher you are about to hear in this video clip has no musical ability. None. She sounds a bit like a squawking chicken. However, she promised her firsties she would post THIS video tonight..no retakes tomorrow. So, all off-key, country-sounding teacher singing aside, here are the kids performing their first few sight word songs for you! We recorded this so they could show you at home. They were so nervous about making a video...it was funny to watch them clearing their throats and fixing their hair before we started. And, if you listen closely, you hear right before it cuts off at the very end.."I love you mom!" "Hi, dad!" They really want you to see their songs! :) We are missing a few of our sweet classmates in this clip, since it was at 3:20 and several had already left for the day. We'll get them in round 2!
We sing all day long in our room! Songs make everything more enjoyable and memorable. Short, little sight word songs help the kids learn to spell/read/write the words. I love hearing them sing these to themselves when they are writing and trying to remember how to spell a certain sight word. So, get your horse gallop out and have your firstie perform a little "Was Song" ditty for you at home. :) Here are the lyrics:
Of Song
O and an F...of, of,
O and an F...of, of,
Sounds like a V,
No fooling me,
O and an F...of, of.
The Song
1-2-3
T-H-E
What's that spell?
The!
And Song
A-N-D spells and!
A-N-D spells and!
A-N-D spells and, and, and,
A-N-D spells and!
You Song
Y-O-U spells you,
spells you,
spells you,
Y-O-U spells you,
You, you, and you!
Was Song
I spell was W-A-S.
I spell was W-A-S.
I spell was W-A-S.
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment