Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Toad Races

We had our class, grade, & school toad races today!  Several kiddos in our room brought toads in, but they didn't want to touch them to take them out of the toad boxes.  I'll admit it, when it comes to critters (including toadies), I am of the squeamish sort.  I.don't.touch.them.  As a mom of 2 little boys, maybe I will have a change of heart years down the road...but for our toad races today, the Girdler rule was "You have to be able to pick up your own toad, if you want to race it." :)  These were our 3 brave toad racers.

I love this picture!  If you zoom in, you can see both toads in the air..mid-jump.  The kids thought this was the coolest!
 
Our class winner!!  Wearing gardening gloves to touch the toad=my kind of girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment