Friday, March 8, 2013

Sequencing the Planets

We are learning to sequence the planets in Science.  This is one of my favorite things to teach, because there are SO many fun ways to practice!  I'm not sure who is more excited about Science this week, the firsties or their teacher! :)  Here are a few of our favorite activities: 
Putting the planets in order...
Planet Roll Call!!!
Planet Hopscotch..My favorite!!
 1st Grade Teacher Job Description: Must be able to draw 5 sets of planets with sidewalk chalk in lightening fast time.  Mrs. Hammett & I were planet machines during lunch!  And yes, I did practice jumping the planets & singing their names a few times myself. :)
 The kids took turns hopping and jumping through the planets, singing the order as they went.  What a fabulous way to practice our learning & enjoy the beautiful afternoon today!


Here are our favorite planet songs:
Stay tuned for more planet fun next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment