I promised the kids I would post this on our blog. They LOVED..and I mean LOVED this activity way more than I had imagined. If you're not familiar with the website, www.wordle.net is a place where you can create word "clouds" or groups or designs. You just type in words (describing a topic, similar words, etc), & it will arrange them for you. The more times a word is typed the larger it makes it. You can rearrange the font, colors, shapes, etc after you get it all typed in. The kids could have done this for hours!
Anyway, we made word clouds to sort verbs by their endings (s, ed, ing). We had been learning about how these little pieces can change the word completely, & we practiced using them correctly in our writing (ex:jump/jumps/jumped/jumping).
I showed Wordle to my 4 year old, & he used it to type in his favorite words that he knows how to spell. It is that simple to use. This would be a great place for your kiddos to type in their spelling or sight words for extra practice at home! Another idea--they could use it to make a word cloud with words that describe them..that would be pretty special. Check it out when you have a free minute!



No comments:
Post a Comment