Sunday, February 19, 2012

SUPER E!!!

Yes, boys and girls...I remembered!  I promised I would share these with all of our blog reading family members, as well!  The kiddos have been reminding me and reminding me to post them...needless to say, after 6 months, they have learned that their dear teacher needs reminding! :)

We have finished up our spelling words with a long vowel/silent e....or SUPER E!! as we refer to him in class.  He is super sneaky..He doesn't make a sound.  He sneaks up on the vowel and scares it!  He makes the vowel say it's name.."Aaaa! Iiiii! Ooooo!" For your viewing pleasure, here are a few of the kids' favorite super e video clips that we use in our room:

Mr. Harry's SUPER E!

Magic E

The Electric Company's Silent E

Teacher's warning: they will be stuck in your head for hours...you may be in the grocery store singing about "that magic e, that magic e, changes so many words you see.."  :)  Happy singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment